CONNECTING WITH INFINITE ENERGY
"HOW TO DO IT" SERIES
START: TUNE IN TUNE IN AND BE PRESENT
1. Sit in a quiet place with your spine straight, head tall and shoulders relaxed. Bring your awareness the flow of your breath and the presence of grace within you.
2. Press your palms together in front of your chest, and “tune in” by chanting “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” 3 or more times.
ARM & HAND POSITIONS
1. Extend your left arm out to your side and upward at a 45 degree angle, keeping your elbow straight. Touch the tip of your left index finger to the tip of your thumb with the other three fingers straight, with palm facing up. In this position we invite you to feel the line of energy extending from your heart through and past your fingertips.
2. Bend your right arm, bringing your right hand to the side of your right shoulder with your palm facing forward. Touch the tip of your ring finger and thumb together, keeping the other fingers straight and pointing upwards. In this position we invite you to feel the receptive sensitivity through the area the ring finger would be.
BREATH AND MANTRA
3. Inhale fully and hold your breath in, feeling the energy that the breath brings to your body and to your awareness.
4. Exhale fully and hold your breath out.
5. With your breath held out, pull in on your navel 8 times as you silently vibrate the sound of the mantra, “Har” 8 times. Coordinate each pull on the navel with one inner resonance of “Har”, so that you silently vibrate “Har” 8 times on each exhalation.
“Har” is a simple, powerful ancient mantra that dates back thousands of years. It is a universal, non denominational name for the infinite nature of the universe. It is pronounced “Hudh”, so as that the tip of your tongue lightly touches the roof of your mouth to finish the syllable. That touch is key as it stimulates the meridians that affect the midbrain. The sound arises from the abdomen and travels upwards through your spine to activate the third eye, the sashara at the top of your head, and the aura, the energy field that surrounds you.
You can practice the mantra “Har” at any time, silently or out loud. In this meditation, the sound is projected and “heard” silently, creating a subtle energetic pathway to the infinite.
6. Continue the breath and mantra for 3 minutes (or longer).
7. Inhale deeply, hold your breath and focus at your third eye point while maintaining the original position. When you feel ready, exhale, then inhale again.
Continue this full breath 3 more times, then breathe normally, bring your hands down to your knees, and sit within your shifted energy field for some time before moving about.